If you are a plus-size person passionate about outdoor getaways and have never considered one of the top-rated camp chairs for heavy people, then you are missing out big.
Let us face it, finding the perfect camping chair for yourself is not an easy task. The simple truth is that most camping chairs are designed for people of average size, which is generally not the best fit for a heavy person.
Fortunately, there are a few exceptions to this, as a few manufacturers have recently started making camping chairs just for heavy people.
You see, camping chairs for fat people are designed specifically to help you enjoy a complete experience during your trips to the park, outdoor camping, the beach, or anywhere else you might need a seat.
Focused on your comfort, they are oversized and have a restful back with some even having cup holders and padded armrests.
And importantly, most feature a sturdy steel frame to ensure you will never again worry about your seat collapsing under your weight
So, rather than squeezing yourself into an inadequate, highly uncomfortable minimalist camp chair, grab a camping chair for a heavy person and push fun a notch higher…
|Guide Gear Oversized King Camp Chair||Polyester||500 lb||View|
|Kijaro XXL Dual Lock||Textile||400 lb||View|
|Quik Chair Heavy Duty Folding Camp Chair||Polyester||500 lb||View|
|ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair||Polyester||800 lb||View|
|ALPHA CAMP Oversized Camping Folding Chair||Fabric||450 lb||View|
Table of Contents
See for yourself their distinct advantages next…
You Might Also Like: Heavy Duty Metal Swing Sets
Advantages of Heavy-Duty Camp Chairs
- They are very roomy and hence easier to get into/out of.
- Some have a locking mechanism to ensure you enjoy ‘sag-free’ sitting
- Since they have a higher weight limit, you can relax knowing they are sturdy underweight
And since nothing is perfect, they have a few drawbacks. Here they are
Shortcomings of Heavy-Duty Camp Chairs
- Some costs more
- Because of elaborate features, they can be quite heavy
Types of Camping chairs
Also, it’s important to know about how tall camping chairs are generally created and the various types…
Here we go.
Generally, camp chairs for big guys fall into 3 basic groups:
Elaborate Outdoor Camping Chairs
As the names suggest, these have extensive features- superb footrest, excellent recliner function, etc.
They are super comfy and very stable.
What about their pricing? They are obviously the most expensive.
If you frequently go on camping trips, you will most probably go for them as they never compromise your comfort.
Regular Camping Chairs
These have very basic components- legs, seat back, and armrest. Most are foldable and quite handy to carry. They are best for regular camping trips with minimal hopping around.
Minimalist Camping Chairs
These just give me somewhere to sit. Examples are folding stools and chairs. These are preferred by backpackers who rarely require sitting for long
So, that’s how they are…
Best Camping Chairs for Plus Size Reviews
Now let’s go back to the harder part… there are hundreds upon hundreds of big man camp seats and selecting is not that easy…
Knowing this, we decided to make your work easier by investigating over 20 camp chairs for heavy people
We critiqued each on merit and finally ended with the following 4 chairs…
From our experience, we believe they have most of the crucial features to serve your outdoor requirements
Guide Gear Mossy Oak Break-Up COUNTRY Oversized King Chair
This claims a spot on our top 4 tall camping chairs for fat people by virtue of the extra room it gives you and the remarkable padding on top of a super sturdy steel frame.
Its cup holders will allow you to carry and sip your favorite drink as you relax around the campfire swapping stories.
Don’t forget it easily folds…
Overall, I deem it to be one of the best folding chairs for large people
Guide Gear Mossy Oak Features
- Fabric: Polyester
- Steel tube frame
- Hanging storage pouch
- The heavy-duty camping chairs come with a carry/storage bag
- The best camping chair has extra padding
- Maximum weight: 500 lbs.
- Inbuilt cup holders
Guide Gear Mossy Pros
- Has a beverage cup holder
- More comfortable thanks to enhanced padding
- You have a hanging pouch to store your cell phones, books, magazines, and more
- Easily folds up for easy storage/movement
- Can support more weight- up to 500 lbs.
Guide Gear Mossy Cons
- Its fabric sometimes slides
- This spacious folding big camper chair has enhanced padding and a steadier steel frame to support even a 500-pound man.
- It also has a storage pouch plus a cup holder and is one of our favorite folding chairs for large person
Kijaro XXL Dual Lock Chair – Big and Tall Outdoor Chairs
Could you be looking for a dazzling camping chair with 400 lbs. capacity? Then you might be after the Kijaro Dual lock chair…
This is why…
It delivers a unique no-sag seating experience thanks to its dual Lock feature which allows you to open and lock it to the point where you feel most comfortable.
The locks can also be closed for increased portability
This is a really strong camping chair big in comfort and support.
Kijaro XXL Features
- Made from ripstop polyester
- Dual Lock, No-sag folding chair
- Zip pocket, cell phone holder, and mesh pocket
- Carry strap
- Mesh organizer
- Two mesh cup holders
- The seat’s back has breathable mesh
- Maximum weight: 400 lbs.
Kijaro XXL Pros
- Locks when open to avoid sagging
- Comes in so many beautiful colors
- Very breathable
- The side pocket adds to your storage options
- You get two cup holders (one bigger and the other standard)
- Superior comfort
- Taller so easier to get in/out
Kijaro XXL Cons
- The riveting system could have been better
Kijaro XXL Verdict
- This is a big breathable, portable, and comfortable folding sturdy camping chair with a dual lock and comes in a variety of sweet colors.
- The heavy-duty camping chair delivers an outstanding no-sag seating experience for big people
Quik Chair Heavy Duty Folding Camp Chair
This is one of the very best in the business. It is ever-present whenever we are compiling a list of the best folding camping chairs for heavy people…
First, it sets up within seconds to provide a comfortable perch for any outdoor activity.
Similarly, when it’s time to go, it easily folds to slot in its colorful carry bag which has a strong shoulder strap for your convenience
The extra-large camping chair has other elaborate features like full armrests and 2 cup holders.
Finally, its heavy-duty polyester construction is moisture/stain resistant, and very easy to clean
Quik Chair Features
- Folding armchair
- Made from heavy-duty water & stain resistant polyester fabric
- Durable steel frame
- Carry bag (with a shoulder strap)
- The camping chairs for big guys have a weight capacity of 500 lbs.
- Easy pop-up assembly
- Twin all-fabric cup holders(fitted in the armrests)
Quik Chair Pros
- Quickly folds/sets up
- Very comfortable
- Excellent carry bag
- You get full armrests
- It has two all-fabric cup holders for your beverages
- Very durable
- Moisture /stain resistant
- Very easy to maintain and clean
Quik Chair Cons
- The arms are a bit low
- Its cup holders are fairly small
- This is a top contender for the most functional camp chairs for heavy people. It instantly pops up for use and easily folds for storage.
- The chair has full armrests with two fabric cup holders and is moisture/stain resistant hence easy to clean.
- It supports up to 500 pounds
ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Chair
This is another recommended well-built, comfortable big-man camp chair.
It is joined with screws rather than the usual cheap rivets which tend to come out pretty soon.
If you truly want a rugged and comfortable substitute for your average portable chairs for heavy people, then this ticks almost all the boxes
It impresses with an adjustable armrest (having a cup holder), a side pocket, a strong coated steel frame, and resilient polyester fabric. This makes it one of the best chairs for heavy guys.
And can you believe it the camp chair for a heavy person can hold 800 lbs? That’s how sturdy it is!
ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Features
- Powder-coated steel frame
- Strong polyester fabric
- Adjustable armrest
- Cup holder & side pocket
- Shoulder carry bag
- The best camp chair for big guys has a weight capacity of 800 lbs.
ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Pros
- Extremely roomy and taller
- Very easy to store/carry around
- It has all manner of holders/pockets
- Easy to set up/fold
- Better carry case
- Very well made
ALPS Mountaineering King Kong Cons
- Originally, it had an odor
- Larger individuals have a perfect camping solution with this ALPS mountaineering King Kong chair.
- It’s exceedingly roomy, has a top-quality material, and is highly portable.
- The 2 drink holders, added to the 2 side pockets plus the other pocket on its back are excellent in organization.
Camp Chairs Buying Guide
There are a couple of things that you should pay attention to when procuring portable chairs for heavy people
Let me skim over the most crucial;
Camping chairs for heavy people differ in terms of maximum weight supported.
The best is to go a little bit higher…for example, if looking for a camp chair for 300 pounds, I will pick a camping chair with a 500 lb. capacity to be on the safe side.
Some camp chairs for heavy people flaunt extra fancy features… things like footrests and beverage cup holders will automatically give such a camping chair for a heavy person some extra marks
camping chairs for big people are wildly priced There are instances where you get all your dream features at an unbelievably very low price while sometimes they go high-end… for me, I prefer sticking to my budget provided it will meet my needs.
Otherwise, I hate overpaying – especially when I have alternatives.
Big man’s camping chair is made from a variety of materials with nylon being the more dominant fabric.
It is water-resistant, durable, and very easy to maintain.
Mostly, their legs come from aluminum thanks to their strength.
Also, know that the foam padding makes your plus-size camping chair lush and more restful.
Remember you are big and so you can only work with sturdy camping chairs
Its Size and Weight
If you always move a lot during your camping trips, you will need a light big man camping chair
The elaborate extra wide camping chair is the best option all the time but sadly, because of the extended design, they are a bit heavy…
But again, be reasonable and select what you feel will be manageable based on how you expect your adventure to be.
What is the difference between a beach chair and a camping chair?
There is no big difference between beach chairs and camping chairs. The main difference between the two chairs is found in the legs and feet.
Beach chairs are made with legs and feet specifically designed for the sand beach and uneven ground while camping chairs have legs and feet designed for the grass and flat ground
Do you need chairs for camping?
YES! You not only need chairs but comfortable ones! Here are four reasons why:
– Chairs make your campsite feel more like home. It’s nice to be able to relax in a comfortable chair after a long day of hiking or exploring.
– They can help keep you warm at night. If you’re using them around the campfire, they’ll help reflect the heat back towards you and keep you warmer than if you were sitting on the ground.
– They are great for eating meals. Having a place to sit while you eat makes mealtime much more enjoyable – no more balancing your food on your lap or trying to balance plates and cups on rocks!
– They provide extra seating when needed. If friends or family show up unexpectedly while you’re camping, having some extra chairs on hand will save the day (and avoid any arguments over who gets to sit on logs or boulders!).
Choosing camping chairs for heavy people is not that easy but it’s doable.
You just need to focus and remember the key considerations like weight limit, bonus features, functionality, etc.
If you do this, shortlisting should be a breeze, and your chances of landing the No. 1 big man folding chair are greatly enhanced.
Well, I have briefed you on a few of the trending heavy-duty camping chairs, and am sure you are now better equipped to do this.
So, do you have an experience you would like to share with our readers on camp chairs for heavy people?
Drop us a line in the comments section.